Friday 20 February 2015

Self Introduction (Eva)

Hello, everybody. My name is Eva Shao. I have just been in New Zealand for 10 days. I have never gone abroad before, so I am a little bit thinking of my family. I have no brothers or sisters because of the one-child policy in China. There are only my father, my mother and I in my family which is simple but warm.

After senior school, I entered university to study Accounting. I focused on my courses but did not enjoy my university life, which made me feel regretful after graduated. I became a bank clerk after getting bachelor’s degree. The work in bank was extremely busy and I used to feel tired so much. One day I decided to quit my job and visit some places to have a rest. My friend suggested me to study abroad which can let me both change the environment and have further study. Then I followed her advice and came here.

I found it was difficult for me to communicate with natives fluently. I could not catch others’ words, understand others quickly or express myself easily. So I joined the EAP2 class. I hope that I could chat with natives more fluently without misunderstanding. I also want to read English articles more quickly. I believe I will do that after the class over.


I enjoy playing Rubik's Cube although someone thinks it is difficult and boring. I like to mix the colors up then return them back. I think it is a good way to kill time as well as exercise my brain. I have been trying my best to increase the speed of returning back. But I cannot break my record of 21 seconds. What a pity I left my magic cube at home. Maybe one day I will buy a new one to practice in Auckland.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Eva.
    My friend worked for bank clerk too, and resigned just in 6 months because of hard and sexual harassment.
    I think that your choice is unmistakable.
    Let's enjoy EAP2 together.
    Miyuki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply, Miyuki! I am glad to have course with you!

      Delete
  3. I hope you will feel at ease soon, Eva. It is always very stressful at the very beginning, do believe me, you will be rewarded for your hard work. Welcome to class!

    ReplyDelete