Thursday 19 February 2015

Self Introduction (Miyuki)



Hello everyone,
     My name is Miyuki, and many of you certainly remember me because we used to study together in EAP1. So, I will introduce my family. My immediate family is relatively small, just my mother, brother and I. My mother lives by herself in my hometown. I always worry about her because she will be 83 years old this November. My brother has his own family, so I have 2 nieces who are extremely cute. One of them passed high school entry exam, although she has a slight birth defect which is both physical and psychological. I feel uneasy about the other one. She is just 12 years old but has to consider her family’s financial situation because of her sister. I heard that she wants to study abroad and come to New Zealand. If she comes here, I will teach her to enjoy life.
     I attended various schools which were primary, junior high school, high school, Academies, and a university. I was not a good student until I graduated from high school. So, I often played truant at school, and my mother was called out by teachers. I changed my mind after that and attended 2 Academies. I learned numerous medical subjects and worked at clinical site, so I was an embryologist. Then, I felt that I needed to acquire engineering knowledge because medical staff had to manipulate complicated equipments, but my Physics score was almost 0 at my high school. It was so hard to study for university entrance examination. Eventually, I passed that and entered university. Final year, I could study at the top of universities in my country. I noticed that I liked studying at that time.
     Now, I am in EAP2 class at AIS because I escaped bitter situation in my country. This is why, I have to succeed in New Zealand. I will do Graduate Diploma in Information Technology. Furthermore, I want to get a job and immigrate to this country finally. Of course, I am going to invite my mother and niece here. I have to work hard to that end. I apologise to you for my behaviour in advance because I tend to dominate our class. It is vital for me that I must complete EAP2 and improve my English skills.
     I love scuba diving. I went to Vanuatu during my last holiday and took a great number of photos including underwater pictures. If you want to see, please let me know. In the underwater world, I can forget every dark side of reality. I went diving in Australia, Japan, and Vanuatu, and I used to teach scuba diving. My best site for diving is Izu Peninsula, Japan because of four seasons. If you go diving in the spring, you can see many juvenile fish and eggs. If you go diving in the winter, you can watch adult fish which have different body colour when they were young. The most exciting diving style is drift ice diving. Divers create a small hole on drift ice and dive with a safety rope. It is recorded minus temperature under drift ice on a diving computer. Divers can share exciting experience with each other although they have met first time. After EAP2, I want to go diving with my classmates if we can.
Thank you for reading to the end.
Sincerely,
Miyuki



 

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful pictures, Miyuki! I think you should start your personal blog of scuba diving around the world, or something like that. You are definitely a very creative , well organized and very nice student! Welcome to class.

    ReplyDelete