Sunday 22 February 2015

Self introduction(Tom)

My name is Wang Tao, and my English name is Tom, from China. I am delighted to be joining EAP2 class where I have met many classmate from different countries and become friends. I hope we work together to improve our English, and can successfully complete EAP2 course.

Before landing in New Zealand, I'm living in my hometown, Shanghai for 37 years where I finished my studies of primary school, middle school and high school. In 1995, I entered the Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and majored in Computer Application. Two years after, I graduated and found my first job. In this work, I practiced many applications of computer hardware, software and network, so I realized that my knowledge was still limiting. Therefore, I decided to return to the campus to complete a BS in Computer Information Management at Fu Dan University. Since 1999, I have been working for 15 years in the communications and computer fields. During this period, I accomplished a lot of large projects, such as call centre and emergency systems, as a project manager. Now, I'm PMP by PMI certified, and engineers by AVAYA, Microsoft and Cisco certified. Furthermore, I am the manager of the project management department.

I've been in New Zealand for five months. I miss my family: my mother, my wife and son. They still live in Shanghai. My mother had retired. She is a kind woman. Under her education and influence, I learned a lot of truth in life. My wife is very beautiful. We have a lot in common. Her work is very busy, but at the same time she has to take care of our family. My son is 11 years old this year. He goes to primary school. He is a very intelligent and handsome boy. He likes to read books and play video games. They also miss me, we often make video calls to chat about each other's life, or share some interesting things lately.
I came to New Zealand because I like its lifestyle. I like to travel, outdoors and sports I enjoy the lifestyle here. However, I have to finish my studies: three months of EAP2 course; a year of GDIT courses course. I think this is a difficult journey. Fortunately, there are such good friends and good teachers to accompany me. Each of you are enthusiastic, and gave me a lot of help.


Finally, I hope we can be friends forever.

1 comment: