Sunday 22 February 2015

Self-introduction(Akio)

Hello, everyone!

My name is Akio Hara. I'm 37 years old and Japanese.

I'm married. My wife is living in Japan and working now, but she is going to come to NZ next year if I get a job here. My parents live in Chiba in Japan. Chiba is not so far from Tokyo but very rural area. I have an older brother. He lives in Chiba with my parents. I'm on very good terms with him.

I graduated from the university in Japan. After that, I worked at cram school in Tokyo. Cram school is where students come and study after school. Though I heard cram school doesn't exist in NZ, it is very popular and common in my country. I was a teacher there and taught Japanese, Math, and English to primary school and junior high school kids. Although I had a great experience there, I quit it and came to NZ.

I have two reasons why I quit the job and came here. Firstly, it was very stressful to work in Tokyo, where people aren't kind and everywhere is crowded. Secondly, I studied English in the university and have been interested in living in a foreign country for a long time. The reason I chose NZ is that I love nature. After finishing the EAP2, I'm going to study Tourism at Graduate Diploma of Tourism Management. I wanted to focus on studying English at first in EAP2 because my English is not so good. After graduating from AIS, I hope to work in Auckland and live with my wife, so I must study so hard.

When I have free time, I like to go somewhere exciting. I went to Tutukaka Coast last weekend and swam in the beautiful sea. My host family took me there. I want to go there again some day. On Sundays, I usually go to church. I am a Christian.

See you later in the class!
Thank you for reading!

Akio Hara

2 comments:

  1. Very good structure and cohesion, Akio. Welcome to class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Akio, it was nice to have you in our class. You are so clever :), I always enjoy having a discussion session with you. Hope we can pass this class well... and make our dream come true.

    ReplyDelete